Monday 23 January 2012

Something New!

Today I went to BodyVive-

http://goodlifefitness.ca/GroupExercise/Strength/BodyVive.aspx

This class is designed to focus on your core and posture, improving your functional fitness. It is quite different from my normal classes in that you don't feel exhausted at the end. It's meant to give you more energy, no drain you. I'm not sure how I felt about it. The class starts using a ball which weighs next to nothing, but is supposed to help you connect to your posture. I didn't really feel that part. Later when we got to the resistance tubing, it was more my style. Some of those exercises were a challenge!

I'm not sure that I will go to this class again.  Apparently you burn  (on average) around 500 calories per class. And I am a big believer in cross training to increase your fitness level. So, maybe I need to change the attitude that if a class doesn't leave you feeling like you're going to collapse it isn't a good workout. Whether or not I go back, at least I tried it!


No comments:

Post a Comment