Monday 16 January 2012

Day 1. The starting is the hardest part.

I am going to do this. 90 days. Eat right, exercise.
I have been down the weight loss road many times. I lost 75 lbs on Weight Watchers. That’s right, 75 lbs! I weighed 225 lbs when I started the program. I was doing great. Then I hit that inevitable plateau when the weight would just not come off anymore, and I still had about 15 lbs to lose. I got discouraged, got complacent, then went back to school and just got plain too busy. I gained about 25 lbs back, and it had been brutal trying to get myself back on track. Enough is enough though!
I was super pumped to see P90X2 being released. I loved P90X. It made me want to puke, and I screamed at my TV (I said some terrible things to Tony Horton!) a lot, but I loved it. I love working out, but it has to be a challenge. So, I am going to do the 90 days of P90X2 and follow the diet plan, with a few modifications. I also go to the gym, so some days I will be replacing P90X2 workouts with trips to the gym for my favourite classes. I am going to write this blog every day to help make me accountable.
So, here is my plan for today:
P90X2 Balance and Power. First time I am doing this, but watching a few of the moves it looks like it will be tough! I’ve included the trailer so you can see what I am in for. I will let you know how I did.
http://youtu.be/ktu-OjB4wS0
For diet, the plan is basic high protein, low fat and carbs.This is a rough idea:
Meal 1-egg whites
Meal 2-whey powder, almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 C blueberries (post workout)
Meal 3-1 oz almonds, 1 apple
Meal 4-6 oz chicken, 5 c salad, 1/2 c brown rice
Meal 5-1 c yogurt
Meal 6-6 oz chicken, 1 c veg, 1/2 c beans.
And of course, lots of water.
Here I go! Up to make my egg whites and get ready for my workout!

1 comment:

  1. You just reminded me I need to go grab my water ;) Good luck! You got this!

    ReplyDelete