Tuesday 17 January 2012

Day 2-who says yoga isn't a workout?

I've been doing yoga for years (on and off), and it's always bugged me when people say it isn't a workout. There are different types of yoga. Some designed for relaxation, some designed to increase your heart rate. P90X2 yoga is definitely designed to increase your heart rate. I was sweating, my legs were shaking, and my shoulders were burning. It was a workout indeed!

As for nutrition, I've been doing pretty good for a whole 2 days now! I have to work this evening though, and work always presents a challenge. My job is very demanding, and it makes me hungry. I never know how many extra calories I should eat. Also, my job is mentally demanding, so I'm always tempted to eat out of stress, and when that happens I don't usually reach for an apple. Evening shifts are especially bad for this.  I haven't even gone in yet and I want a chocolate cake! Another problem is drinking enough water while I'm there. I think I fell like eating because I am dehydrated. My focus tonight is to try and drink water whenever I can find a second. Hopefully that will help.


No comments:

Post a Comment